The decision to move to a senior living facility requires careful consideration. The need for senior living may be clear for some families. For others, it is a gradual realization that Mom or Dad needs a little extra help. Below is a checklist that can provide some help in this decision. Senior living might be a good option for you or your loved one, if you answer “yes” to four or more of these questions.
1. Are you hesitant to drive at night?
2. Do you occasionally forget to take your medication?
3. Do you find it difficult to maintain a social life?
4. Is it a struggle to do house work, yard work, and home repairs?
5. Do you lose track of when bills should be paid?
6. Is your home not as neat and clean as it once was?
7. Do you have difficulty scheduling or attending doctor’s appointments?
8. Have your driving skills diminished?
9. Do you have a hard time remembering recommendations from your physician?
10. Do you feel lonely, bored, or restless?
11. Has preparing three meals a day become too much to handle?